Every year, thousands of pilgrims undertake the 'yatra' which involves accommodation & trekking under inhospitable conditions. Holding significance for Hindus as the abode of Lord Shiva, it holds religious importance also for the Jains and the Buddhists as well.
There are several factors which makes it tough hence adequately experienced agency can organize it in an efficient way based on their past experiences. So it's important to know "Clothing and Important Things to Bring During Kailash Yatra".
Things to Carry General Considerations when Packing:
Keep the weight of your luggage to a minimum. Also, Baggage allowance on most international flights is 15-20 Kg. Most people tend to bring more clothes than they do actually need. Generally, You will only need one change of clothes for Kathmandu/Nepalgunj. On the trek, it is important to dress in layers. When it is hot you will only be wearing a base layer, when it gets colder you can add to this until you are wearing most of your clothes! It is advisable to carry your stuff in a duffel bag rather than a suitcase or other normal bags.
What kind of items to carry while traveling?
You have to take warm clothes like a sweater, trousers, thermo-coat, cap, trekking shoes, high-neck, gloves, etc. We recommend that you bring the following items to make your journey more comfortable clothing for both extremes of climate and temperature. While driving to Kailash, it will be warm inside the vehicle and light clothing will be required. But as soon as you step out of the vehicle, warm clothing will be required to keep off the cold winds of the Tibetan Plateau. The evening will be generally cold and warm clothing will be required.
We recommend that you bring the following clothing and accessories with you:
- Towel / Washing Kit - 1/1
- Warm Thick Pullover – 1
- Wind Proof Jacket/Rain Coat-1
- Pants-4/ Monkey Cap and Sun Heat
- Cotton Full Sleeve T-Shirts - 2
- Thermal Under paints/Long - 2
- Thermal Vest/Warm Full T-Shirt - 2/2
- Trekking Shoes/Light Tennis Shoes and Light Rubber Sandal - 1/1
- Warm Woolen Shocks - 5
- Warm Gloves - 1
- Large Cotton or Silk Scarf - 1
- Torch Light With Extra Batteries
- Sun Glass/Sun Hat
- Water Bottle (2Ltr. Capacity)
- Strong Sun Cream
- Moisturizer Cream
- Lip Balm
- Toothpaste and brush
- Hand Sanitizer
FIRST AID MEDICAL KITS
We highly recommend you consult your own doctor before you start the trip and bring the Medications as per his/her advice. However, the following items are worth full to bring:
- Diamox – 20 tablets *paracetamol (crocin)
- Pain killer
- Eye drops for burning eyes *multivitamin pills
- Muscle relaxant *antibiotic
- Motion sickness and high altitude sickness medicine
- Vicks vaporub *water purification tablets